Top Tips For Installing Garage Doors
- If you plan on installing a new garage door by yourself, it’s recommended that two people carry out the job so that it can be done safely.
- Before fitting the door make sure you have a drill and driver bit kit with fixings as well as a step ladder, all positioned nearby so you are ready to fix the door.
- When fitting, have one person on either side of the door so it can be lifted up more easily.
- When fixing the door to the runners and wall make sure that the distance is equal past each reveal, checking again before fixing it permanently.
- If you spot a loose fixing, remove the screw fixing, insert a brown raw plug and re-fix the door.
- When the door is delivered the door specialist will provide assistance on positioning the door. This is usually a service which can sometimes cost extra depending on the supplier.